Tips to Avoid Sexually Transmitted Diseases
1. Use condoms when you have sex: Learn to use a condom properly. Condoms are not foolproof, but if used properly they can be very effective. The lubricants you use might damage your condom. Make sure to use water based lubricants, that keep your condom intact.
2. Avoid sexual contact: Make safe choices. Avoid sexual contact with people who display symptoms of Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD). Get to know if the individual follows a hygienic lifestyle before making your choice.
3. Avoid other types of contact: Certain STDs are so infectious that they can be transmitted through continuous skin contact as well. Syphilis, herpes, genital warts are STDs that can be transmitted by sharing inner-wear or even bath towels.
4. Clean up your lifestyle: Create a healthy and hygienic lifestyle. Avoid sexual contact with multiple partners. Practice very safe sex and use latex contraceptives.
5. IV Drugs: Make sure the tools used for IV(Intravenous) drugs are properly sterilized and are not shared with others, while you visit a hospital.
6.Consult a doctor: Minor STDs are easily curable if diagnosed at the early stage. It is better to get yourself checked, even if you have minor symptoms. If you have an active sex life, it is advisable to get yourself checked on a regular basis.
Follow the link to speak about your problems, with a professional online --> CLICK HERE
Do you have a question to ask a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Online Now »
I understand your concern. But the risk of acquiring a STD is not there if your partner does not have any one of the diseases you mentioned clinically or sub-clinically. There are STDs like herpes in which subclinical sh... Read more »
I understand your concerns. There are many viral infections (like herpes and papillomavirus) that can be transmitted through oral sex and exchanging body fluids. Still, they affect the oral cavity and not the vocal cords... Read more »
The report says you have already infected with herpes. Did you have any unprotected sex with anyone? There are chances you can have an outbreak - symptoms of herpes. During the outbreak, if you have sexual contact, you c... Read more »