The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is increasing our anxiety levels and stressing people out. The level of uncertainty and the spread of fake information about the virus has resulted in panic among the population. Being cut off from their regular activities and staying in self-isolation has put extra pressure on the mental health and well-being of individuals and family members.
In case you are already susceptible to depression and anxiety, this situation can take a toll on your mental health. Here are a few tips that can help in keeping your mental health intact.
Create a Schedule and Stick to It
- In this stressful situation, we must make a proper schedule of our everyday duties.
- Carry out your routine in their usual timings without making any unnecessary changes. If not, you will face difficulties when things return to normal.
- Make time for relaxation, exercise, fun, and social contact. Aim for a balance of these activities throughout the day.
- Set aside time for yourself. Start a workout session, have fun with your family, and catch up with your friends.
- Since you are going to be staying at home, do some exercise in the morning as it will keep you fresh throughout the day.
- If you are working from home, take small brakes, stretch yourselves, and keep yourself hydrated.
- Explore a routine that will have more health benefits.
- If you are working from home, follow proper work and family life balance. Spending time with your family and kids during this situation is very important. Remember that not only your work but your family needs you as well.
Make Work From Home Fun
- Follow a specific pattern with equal time for work and breaks.
- If possible, set up a home office in your house. This will help you concentrate easily and get work done faster as well.
- Proper coordination is vital while working form home. Set up regular meetings with your team and follow a precise schedule.
- Do not panic. Instead, set goals that are achievable and work toward them, irrespective of the results.
- Set yourself achievable daily and weekly goals.
Work Towards Managing Stress
- Workout every day.
- Practice yoga and meditation to keep your mind peaceful.
- Make sure to reduce your intake of caffeine and try to put a complete stop to your alcohol intake.
- Follow a proper sleep pattern.
- Do not get overwhelmed with your new schedule. Break down your workload and take one step at a time.
- Get enough sunlight. Take a stroll in your garden and watch the sunset from your balcony. But, do not go out of your compound. Social distancing is a must.
- Prevent conflicts with others in your house. Remember your triggers and stay away from them.
Talk with your friends and family and discuss ways to avoid stress.
Do you have a question to ask a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Online Now »