According to a survey, liver cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the world. It is estimated to be the cause of death of around 600,000 people a year. Hence symptoms of liver cancer are not to be taken lightly. If anything worries you, it is better to get yourself checked immediately.
Even though there are no specific or scientific reasons for this, over 75% of people who have liver cancer are men. A general theory is that this is because men are more prone to drink and smoke when compared to women.
Listed below are the top signs of liver cancer, you should be looking out for. If you have one or more of the following symptoms, it is better to meet a physician and get yourself evaluated. If you are an alcoholic, be extra careful irrespective of whether you are a man or a woman.
1. You either feel extremely tired or extremely restless.
2. Rapid loss of weight, even though there has not been a change in your diet pattern.
3. Even small meals make you feel bloated for a long time.
4. Any noticeable lump on the right side of the abdomen, followed by episodes of sharp pain.
5. No visible signs of skin problems but the feeling of persistent itching.
6. Feeling nauseated while eating, even when you are hungry and rapid loss of appetite.
7.Sudden white patches or string like excretion along with your stool.
8. Constant weakness in your muscles, even after adequate rest.
9. Rather sudden & abnormal swelling in the lower abdomen.
If you have any of the above symptoms for more than a week or so, it is high time you meet a physician. There is no harm in getting yourself evaluated and putting your mind at ease.