The benefits of yoga are widely known. But the fact is that most of us are not aware that practicing yoga is not only good for our physical health but our mental stability as well. Here are a few effective and easy yoga steps that can help you enhance your body and mind.
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- This pose is practiced with the intention of strengthening your legs and improving your posture.
- It is known to increase your awareness and give a balance to your breath. It helps reduce flat feet and relieve sciatica.
- This posture makes your abdomen and buttocks firm.
- It enhances your spine and makes it more flexible.
- This pose can relieve pain and tension in your body. It refreshes your mind by expelling dullness.
2. Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
- Garudasana balances your body by strengthening the muscles in your leg.
- It restores neuromuscular coordination by making your hips and legs more strong and flexible.
- In the case of people with SI joint issues, it corrects the faults in their posture and releases the tightness in their joints.
3. Natarajasana (Dancer Pose)
- This pose can help you help you fasten your metabolism, reduce weight and improve digestion.
- It enhances body flexibility while strengthening your chest, thighs and ankles.
- It makes you strong by making your muscles firm.
- Natarajasana helps you get relief from stress and depresasion.
- It rehabilitates your spine and enhances your blood circulation.
4. Bakasana (Crane Pose)
- This pose strengthens your forearms while increasing your mental strength and endurance as well.
- It enhances your spine, making it more flexible and tones your abdominal muscles.
- This pose improves the coordination between your mind and body.
- It helps in relieving anxiety and tension.
- It can also develop self-awareness in your body, increase positive thinking and reduce acidity problems.
5. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- This pose improves your posture by stretching and strengthening the muscles in your back and shoulder, preventing backaches.
- It improves digestion, excretion and respiration while relieving backaches.
- It stimulates your endocrine glands while healing and balancing your chakra.
- It reduces your body fat, activates your nerves and reduces menstrual discomfort.
Practicing yogasana can increase your overall concentration. Try out a few of these poses and you will definitely notice changes in the quality of your life.
Images source : Yoga Journal
Do you have a question to ask a doctor online?Ask a Doctor Online Now »
Yoga is very popular nowadays to maintain physical and mental health. Yoga means addiction. It is an addiction to different body organs in such a way it helps to remove the attention of mind from their subjects and conce... Read more »